Project Manager, Communications
As the job title suggests, this is a challenging role that blends the higher-level strategy of account direction with the detailed problem solving of day-to-day project management. Reconciling/managing the conflict between these two parts of your job will be key to your success.
What will you be doing, specifically?
- Preparing quotes, briefs, estimates, proposals, schedules and invoices
- Participating in client and internal meetings and presentations
- Delegating tasks to a team of design, web and print production specialists
- Obtaining approvals and sign-offs both internally and from clients
- Communicating project objectives and scope to design, development and production teams
- Facilitating decisions and encouraging co-operation in a fast-paced environment
What experience, special skills and personal traits do you absolutely need?
- Minimum 5 years managing online and print projects in a busy agency environment
- Must have experience with projects in an agency setting across our main practice areas (stakeholder communications, brand and collateral development)
- Proficiency organizing and orchestrating complex projects
- Ability to juggle multiple (and competing) clients, projects and priorities
- A sense of humour, collegial approach and passion for client service
Ours is an engaged and creative team of approximately 35 professionals who are dedicated to teamwork and collaboration. We’re project-focused and deadline-driven – so some days may be longer than others. But even when it’s busy, we make time for team activities (whether virtual or in person), rooftop barbecues and other celebratory get-togethers.
Works Design is currently working remotely due to COVID-19, but we are looking forward to being together again in studio using a hybrid approach to operating in the future.
If you join us, you’ll need to be okay with dogs: we are a dog-friendly studio. They’re all harmless, but some of them are big.
If you’ve got what we are looking for and like the sound of how we work, then we want to see your resumé and cover letter (really important to us!). We appreciate all interest but cannot respond to all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, The Works Design Communications will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.