The Works Design Communications is a full-service studio with expertise in brand development and stakeholder reporting, serving some of the world’s best companies. Our passionate, diverse and committed team is made up of subject matter experts, consultants, designers, writers and strategists who come together to create great work with purpose.
This is not a nine-to-five kind of place and knowing that we make sure we offer some pretty awesome perks. We support a limited flexible hours policy to encourage interests outside of what’s in your inbox. We trust that pride in producing great work means you recognize when the work-life balance shifts. We are a dog friendly workplace, and there are a few of them here. Some of them are big. You need to be ok with that.
As a Designer, you have superior skills, developing excellent functional designs that deliver a great user experience – on brief and on budget, ensuring that timeless design and storytelling principles drive your work, interpreting the creative brief with originality and depth, while respecting the mandate of the brief.
What will you be doing, specifically?
- Contribute lots of viable ideas
- Work with the Art Directors on executing concepts
- Participate in concept and design reviews
- Provide information and mock-ups for clients
- Prepare specifications and written rationales
- Assist Project Managers to cost out different concepts
- Help to present concepts, preliminary designs and final designs to clients
- Design files according to technical specs and schedules
- Choose and prepare support images for layout
- Manage the revisions process
- Ensure consistency and accuracy
- Work with suppliers and creative partners
- Adhere to schedules, deadlines and budgets
- Adhere to Works Design’s standards and operating procedures
- Maintain current information on dockets and digital timesheet
What experience, special skills and personal traits do you absolutely need?
- Formal credentials in graphic design from a recognized college or university, or equivalent
- Junior: minimum 3 years’ experience; Intermediate: 5+ years’ experience; Senior: 8+ years’ experience
- Familiarity with a range of production techniques and best practices in print and online media
- Experience with planning, creating and working with site maps, wireframes, and other information design documents for websites
- Solid experience creating web graphics, animations, icons, style sheets, colour schemes, templates and layouts for website projects, ensuring site-wide colour and typeface standards and consistency
- Excellent understanding of composition, colour, imagery, typography
- In-depth knowledge of key industry software (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office)
- Knowledge of printing methods and pre-production
- Understanding of user interface, capabilities of web browsers and user experience issues
- Familiarity with a wide range of development and production techniques and best practices in online media
- Experience with animation/video editing (Premier Pro, After Effects)
If you’ve got what we are looking for and like the sound of how we work, then we want to see your resumé and cover letter (really important to us!). We appreciate all interest but cannot respond to all applicants. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, The Works Design Communications will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.